If you believe that:
- No single religion has a monopoly on wisdom and truth.
- How you behave towards other people is more important than religious creed.
- Humans are part of a web of creation rather than that the universe was made for our benefit.
If you are:
- Looking for a religious community in which to seek spiritual growth.
- Eager to consider religious questions with others who are not always certain they have all the answers, but who are determined to keep looking until they do.
- Want the fellowship of others for celebration and worship, discussion and education, friendship and mutual support.
- Want to help children develop their own religious beliefs.
Then maybe you should get to know us, and let us get to know you.
Our Statement of Purpose
Our church is a congregation of people of all ages who support each other in the search for a better understanding of the Unitarian ideals of freedom, tolerance and reason. In our spiritual quest we respect and willingly explore all religious heritages and all sources of wisdom, believing all contain truths from which we may learn. In an atmosphere of inspiration and creativity, we strive for peace with justice, understanding and acceptance of each other, serenity and hope. We celebrate life and faith by responding to each other and the wider community with love, compassion and respect for the interdependence of all life. We also conduct body stress release programs with the help of bodystressrelease-uk.co.uk
What do Unitarians believe?
Since a Unitarian’s beliefs are the outcome of a personal lifelong spiritual journey, and may continue to evolve in the light of new experience and knowledge, no one answer can be given to that question. But some guiding principles are offered here.
We meet every Sunday at 10.30am at the:
Unitarian Meeting House
99 Osmond Terrace
NORWOOD SA 5067
Telephone: (08) 8332 2803
Email: [email protected]
From time to time, we hold morning services and vespers in our chapel in the Adelaide Hills at Shady Grove.
Osmond Terrace lies between Kensington Road, Kensington, and The Parade, Norwood. The Meeting House is about 200 m from Kensington Road on the west side (the side nearer the Adelaide city CBD). It is about 4 km from the city, and may be reached by bus routes 122, 123, 124, 125, 125P servicing The Parade (get off at Stop 8), or 140, 141, 141N, 142 servicing Kensington Road (get off at Stop 4).